- The Website and those parts of its content that do not consist of blog posts or articles have been created by, and are the property of, the University of Oxford (“University”). Unless otherwise indicated, the blog posts and articles posted on this Website are taken to be the property of the poster. All content is protected by copyright law and treaties around the world and all such rights are reserved. Users may use content on this Website in accordance with the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA licence. The trademarks appearing on this Website are protected by the laws of England and Wales and by international trademark laws.
- The University does not make any warranty that information contained on this Website, or on any site linked to this Website, is complete, accurate or up-to-date; and the University is not responsible for the results of reliance on any such information.
- The University does not make any warranty that use of the Website will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free; or that use of the Website will not affect other software or operating systems used to access the Website. Any warranties provided under the general law are expressly excluded to the fullest extent possible. In particular, the University does not warrant that use of the Website will not infringe the rights of any other person or organisation; nor that the Website is of reasonable quality or fit for any particular purpose, even if the University has received notice of an intention to use the Website for that purpose. Users of the Website are responsible for correctly attributing the material they post and must ensure that they are entitled to submit any material prior to posting it.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this Website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of the University: the University is not responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
- To the extent permitted in law, the University will not be liable for any loss or damage which may be suffered by any person (including loss of profit, opportunity or business and consequential loss) as a direct or indirect result of using this Website or sites linked on this Website, inability to use this Website, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on this Website.
- Persons submitting material to this Website are solely responsible for the material and for any claims relating to its content, whether made against the University or otherwise. Persons submitting material are required to adhere to the Editorial Guidelines and Comments Policy on this Website. By submitting material, users warrant that their contributions comply with these requirements and will be liable to the University and indemnify the University for any loss or damage it suffers as a result of any breach of this warranty. By contributing blog content, users agree to the University making it available on the Website as set out in the Editorial Guidelines. Whilst the University does not accept any obligation to exercise editorial control over any content posted to the Website by users, the University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it has been notified is objectionable or in breach of copyright, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any content posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening, not in accordance with the Editorial Guidelines or Comments Policy, or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted by law, the University accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via the Website, nor for any exercise by the University of any editorial control.
- Subject to the above, those gaining access to this Website are authorised to make use of the Website for any lawful purposes. The following is a non-exclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
a. using the Website to commit or encourage unlawful acts, including unlawful copying of copyright material;
b. misrepresenting the user’s identity or authority;
c. distributing any type of virus or other device intended to cause nuisance, loss or corruption of any information on the Website or accessed through it, or of any systems used to operate the Website or any systems accessed through it;
d. tampering with communications which are not the user’s, or making any alteration to any information on the Website;
e. accessing or attempting to access other parties’ user accounts;
f. hacking or attempting to hack any part of the Website, or any system used to run it, or any system accessed through the Website;
g. disrupting the flow of communications in interactive areas;
h. storing personal data derived from the Website;
i. posting material which:
(i) infringes intellectual property rights;
(ii) defames or threatens other people or organisations;
(iii) is offensive, obscene or hateful, or which other users of the Website are likely to consider offensive, obscene or hateful.
- The University may revise these terms at any time by amending this page, and such changes will be binding on users of this Website.
- These terms, their subject matter and formation and any non-contractual disputes or claims are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
- If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.
© University of Oxford, 2015